Total Pageviews

Sunday 8 November 2015

They say that nothing stays the same for ever and this is true.

Due to extreme weather conditions the quad antenna was damaged at the fixing point and I had to have it repaired.

Friends are always welcome!
In the mean time and by a strange coincidence I got offered a HY GAIN 3 bander/5 element antenna. I thought I 'd give it a try while I would repair the QUAD. And as the Greeks say "nothing more permanent than the temporary"  the new antenna works fine and I think I will keep it up there for a long time.


Bill/SV2CUP and Bill/SV2MIY giving the necessary helping hand.

Bill /SV2CUP at work checking the phasing lines of the antenna.






In between some QSO's I have repaired the QUAD, which for the time being rests inert on the ground. We shall see a good use for it in the future, I guess.    








                                   
For now this is my high bands antenna which will be complemented by a long wire antenna (>53 mtrs) coupled with a 9:1 Unlun for my low bands communication activities.



The antenna finally in place

No comments:

Post a Comment